Saturday 20 September 2014

Day 5: The Intouchables

The Intouchables | 2011 | France, USA | Olivier Nakache & Eric Toledano

7 / 10


   Nothing new here. This movie template has been produced for decades by Hollywood.
   It's a buddy's movie focused on cultural clash. It's corny and it's predictable. Did I like it? Yes, I did. Do you recommend it? Yes, I do.
   This is a lightweight movie easy to enjoy. The story is beautiful and the acting is brilliant. The acting makes it worth it.
   I don't have much to say about this one but regarding some comments that were shared with me I would like to state that I find it ridiculous that people claim that the movie is by itself an offensive racial stereotype. Bare in mind that the brilliant and wise one in this piece is the African descendent actor. He is the one with talent who sets the other one free from his real imprisonment, which by the way, isn't his wheelchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment