Monday 13 October 2014

Day 28: Boyhood

Boyhood | 2014 | USA | Richard Linklater

6.9 / 10


   Boyhood is probably one of the most overrated movies of the decade.
   I don't care how a movie was made, I care for the result. And to be honest, I can think of better ways to spend 12 years directing movies.
   It's not a bad movie but it's not great either. Nothing was particularly amazing. It lacks substance and it's mundane. The performances are inconsistent, it was way too long and a lot of events shouldn't have made it to the screen. But they did. All the landmarks are there. And why? Because of the concept that seemed to obsessed everyone except me. You can't miss a thing even if it's not adding anything to the story. Even if it's meaningless. 
   Do me a favor and pretend for a second that this movie was made in 10 months. Now tell me how good it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment